Important information about BOINC Games
Pooh Bear 27

Re: Want a project added?

Post by Pooh Bear 27 »

What about WUProp?
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

WUProp is a NCI project and wont be added. I'm also pretty sure Seb doesn't want it part of any competitions either.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
Skivelitis2

Post by Skivelitis2 »

DENIS@home is back online and appears to be in it for the long haul.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

I'll add some new projects later this afternoon. Although I don't have high hopes for Denis to stick around, I'll add them anyway. Worst case I'll just have to remove them later.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

DENIS@home added to the Marathon's and Sprint's
LODA added to the Marathon's and Sprint's
Stony666

Post by Stony666 »

Hi Skillz,

could you please check my post? ;)

Stony666 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:04 am Hi,

is it correct that you don't list russian projects because of the war?

Another question is about generall listing of project with intermittent WU suppy like
The Ramanujan Machine. Think they should be added each quarter. But must give a minimum of WUs/points to be in the ranking.

Last but not least... I would like to see SiDock and Amicable Numbers in the list of valid Projects.

If there are not enough project to crunch, a lot of crunchers will not find their project in the list and will not register I assume. :)

Regards Jörg
bluestang

Post by bluestang »

LODA? Have you seen the shitty way you have to run this project? Many users won't as it's a LODA crap!
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Stony666 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:04 am Hi,

is it correct that you don't list russian projects because of the war?
Those projects can't really handle a competition anyway and the war just makes it even less desirable. When one person can download every single workunit in one go and hold them for however long they want (before it expires) it kind of makes using it as a competition pointless. (Both of the ODLK projects and T.Brada)
Stony666 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:04 amAnother question is about generall listing of project with intermittent WU suppy like
The Ramanujan Machine. Think they should be added each quarter. But must give a minimum of WUs/points to be in the ranking.
I will look into adding intermediate projects in the future. At the time I do not have a way to implement "minimum amount of points" or anything of the like yet. My main goal right now is getting individual stats working on the site so everyone can see easily who is generating the points and where. Plus it'll add another depth to the competition with individual standings. 8-)
Stony666 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:04 amLast but not least... I would like to see SiDock and Amicable Numbers in the list of valid Projects.

If there are not enough project to crunch, a lot of crunchers will not find their project in the list and will not register I assume. :)

Regards Jörg
I added SiDock and Amicable Numbers. Can't believe I forgot about them.

bluestang wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:10 pm LODA? Have you seen the shitty way you have to run this project? Many users won't as it's a LODA crap!
LODA is not a Sprint project and is hardly the only project that requires hurdles to get tasks working including nearly all VB projects which, IMHO, suck. (Looking at you Rosetta)
bluestang

Post by bluestang »

Yeah, some good points you make about the other shitty projects as well :)

How about MOO! Wrapper ???
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

No that project sucks. I don't want to add it. :lol:

Just kidding... I forgot about that ole cow too. :oops:

Will get it added here shortly.