Want a project added?

Important information about BOINC Games
boincadmin
Site Admin

Want a project added?

Post by boincadmin »

Post the projects URL here so I can get it added to the competition. Still adding a bunch, but doing it slowly so I can attempt to test them as I add them. If they're brand new (or previously weak) projects then we can run a Test Sprint on them to see if they'll be good candidates for regular Sprints.
bluestang

Re: Want a project added?

Post by bluestang »

I think you can kill off Minecraft as there isn't any work and will not be IMO.

https://minecraftathome.com/minecraftho ... id=760#760
boincadmin
Site Admin

Post by boincadmin »

I will get LHC added soon.

Minecraft was removed a few months ago, next year it wont (shouldn't) show up anymore.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

On second thought, I just realized no one had any points on it so I went ahead and removed it completely (Minecraft@home)
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

LHC@home has been added to the Marathons. From my memory it's not a good candidate for Sprints so it will not be Sprint eligible.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
Contact

Re: LHC@home

Post by Contact »

Skillz wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:38 am LHC@home has been added to the Marathons.
Yes it has. Thanks!
Stony666

Post by Stony666 »

Hi,

is it correct that you don't list russian projects because of the war?

Another question is about generall listing of project with intermittent WU suppy like
The Ramanujan Machine. Think they should be added each quarter. But must give a minimum of WUs/points to be in the ranking.

Last but not least... I would like to see SiDock and Amicable Numbers in the list of valid Projects.

If there are not enough project to crunch, a lot of crunchers will not find their project in the list and will not register I assume. :)

Regards Jörg
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

I'll have a better reply next week. I went back home, home to visit family for the fourth. I leave Tuesday and I'll be able to get back to working on this.
bluestang

Post by bluestang »

Enjoy the family time!