Issues with validating/stats.

Important information about BOINC Games
Skillz

Re: Issues with validating/stats.

Post by Skillz »

Dark Angel wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:22 am
Skillz wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:36 am Can you please explain how you came to the conclusion they are not updating?

When I looked it shows stats have updated in the last 24 hours.

All the URLs for downloading the stats on the backend here are direct links to each required file on each project. I don't link just the directory.

If you can provide screenshots of stats not updating then it will help me explain to the dev team they aren't working. However, according to the "last 24 hours" it says the stats have updated.
Sure, I'll just jump in my time machine and go back a few days when the stats for this project didn't update for about three days and grab some screen shots.
You ask for the impossible.
Your negative attitude leaves a lot to be desired man. Chill perhaps? I'm trying to make this work and asking for help. If you don't want to help, then don't bother posting.

Now, I didn't ask for the previous instance of the stats not updating. If it's a problem, then it will happen again and perhaps then you can start taking screenshots or something that'll show me that it indeed isn't working so I can forward this to the development team to help them understand what the problem is. If that's too much to ask, then sorry.

PS
While you're in your time machine, can you go in the future, get the lotto numbers and give them to me? kthxbye
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
bluestang

Post by bluestang »

On Marathon pages how are the "Last 24 Hour Credits" and the "Last 7 Day Credit" actually calcualted?

They don't seem to make much sense TBH. I'm sure they're on your list of things to look into, but figured I'd bring it up anyways :)
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

I have no idea how they are calculating them to be honest. They're supposed to work as you would think they're supposed to, but they do not.

Now with Individual stats displaying it'll be easier for me to check that they are indeed not working like they should so I can contact the Dev team. They're working on a lot of stuff right now, so I'll wait till they are finished, check if they're working correctly and go from there.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
bluestang

Post by bluestang »

Been quite lately...

How's the stats updating and issues coming along? Would be nice if they updated around the same time everyday or something , but they timestamps on the pages are all over the place.

The Last 24hr is still FUBAR'ed and some like PrimeGrid haven't been updated in days.

Really makes things difficult to figure out where one might want to put resources.

Haven't had issues loading pages though, so that is nice :)

Thanks for the hard work!
boincadmin
Site Admin

Post by boincadmin »

Stats are set to update hourly, but they will only update if the stats file on the project server has been updated since last checked.

Looking into why PG hasn't updated recently. Sometimes they get stuck it seems.

Not sure on the last 24 hours thing, thought that was fixed already. :oops:
bluestang

Post by bluestang »

Thanks.
boincadmin
Site Admin

Post by boincadmin »

Sorry for the late reply. I've been working out of town for the past month and haven't had much time to check in on things here. If it's an emergency or needs urgent attention though use Discord. I have that on my phone and check it 11ty billionty times a day. :lol:
Skyman

Post by Skyman »

It seems that marathons statistics for the Climate Prediction project have not been updated for a long time. There are not always tasks in this project, but sometimes I crunch this project and get points. In the statistics for the 3rd quarter, all teams have zeros.
boincadmin
Site Admin

Post by boincadmin »

Seems some genius at CPDN changed the default location for the stats export file. So BG hasn't been able to download them.

Sent the admin a PM asking for the new location. Will update it when I retrieve it.

edit
And looking at the external stats sites for BOINC shows they haven't updated stats in a long, long time either. So likely they don't have the new location for these stats files either. :roll:

edit
Did a bunch of guessing and I believe I found the stats files. However, they haven't been updated in a while if this is indeed the correct location for them now.

Dates on them show as 2023-05-18 18:59
boincadmin
Site Admin

Post by boincadmin »

Admin still has not replied to my PM on the project site. So I made a post.

https://www.cpdn.org/forum_thread.php?id=9215