Issues with validating/stats.

Important information about BOINC Games
JagDoc

Re: Issues with validating/stats.

Post by JagDoc »

boincadmin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:59 am Looking into the issue JagDoc.

I think the team founder at BG (pipin) has to report tasks for it to show up. Need to get that corrected.
This was our first thought.
He enabled the stats-export and run some WUs.
At FreeDc he is listed with points.

Edit.
There are 2 Teams listed without validated user/founder.
boincadmin
Site Admin

Post by boincadmin »

I have reached out to the developer about the issue. They should find something out in the next day or two on what is going on.
Contact

Post by Contact »

JagDoc wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:24 amPlanet 3DNow! is not listet at MLC@home.
Could it be that the team founders CPID is not verified for MLC@Home?
boincadmin
Site Admin

Post by boincadmin »

Contact wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:29 pm
JagDoc wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:24 amPlanet 3DNow! is not listet at MLC@home.
Could it be that the team founders CPID is not verified for MLC@Home?
The CPID is the same across all projects. Their team founder is verified and he has returned points. Yet still not showing up.

There are two teams listed under MLC@home that have no verified members or founder. So something is broken with it.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

The issue has been resolved now.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
bluestang

Post by bluestang »

Might want to check out the LHC stats/points. Something doesn't add up or make sense with the standings as if you look at BOINCstats https://www.boincstats.com/stats/3/team ... 4/lastDays or Free-DC points for past PPD you will see TaaT barely has any for LHC yet is in 1st place for Q3? I also don't believe they took 1st in Q2 either IMO.
bluestang

Post by bluestang »

Think I found the issue and it seems there may be a bug in the system. Users who are on Team Ukraine for LHC but are mainly TaaT members are having their points count towards TaaT on the marathon for LHC instead of Team Ukraine.

Not sure how the stats/points are gathered for a Project and Team, but there is a bug/loophole somewhere that needs to be addressed and fixed. If using CPUID only then that is wrong and there needs to be another filter/qualifier in there somewhere to distinguish which Team gets the correct points.

I'm sure this is for other Teams as well who have joined on Team Ukraine for FB and their Sprints, so Project points and standings have a major error IMO and some backdating may be needed as the numbers can't be trusted it seems.

Hopefully this will all get worked out as I think this is a good competition going forward and seems to have Admins/Devs that are active and involved.
SystemViper

Post by SystemViper »

I think that is to make sure whatever team you sign up for is the team that gets the points.
It's to eliminate team switching.

make sense... So since i am XS, even if I crunch TU, points will go to XS on BG

that's why individual sign up using cpuID follows' you no matter what team your on.

SV
bluestang

Post by bluestang »

Sure, but that is a stupid as hell way to do it as how can one look at stats on FreeDC or BOINCstats to see what a Team is doing and plan on Projects to run accordingly? Especially since the stats here only get update once a day that I can tell and even then you don't know as there is no time stamps.

Whatever team you're on Project wise is where your points should go...not your home Team as it doesn't reflect what is actually happening.

And FB is dead as far as I'm concerned, so switching Teams for those Sprints is irrelevant anymore if this competition is going to take it's place.

Got no problem with people switching Teams to Ukraine (hell, I posted the damn idea) but that is a different animal and reason than switching to other Teams like in the past as it's based on support for a country and it's people than manipulating the scores.

In other words, the way it is being handled right now and who is being rewarded the points is giving a false sense of the stats and it's accuracy. How can one verify or trust what is real and, like I said above, plan on where to run when looking at the stats sites doesn't correspond with what is going on here with Teams points on Projects?

Just my opinion and I like the idea of individuals have to sign up and verify their CPUID and that, but there needs to be another way of doing it better for tracking where their points go when on another Team for a Project.

It defeats the purpose of what it was originally trying to do with Team switching and can be used even more than before to manipulate the standings IMO.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

bluestang wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:15 pm Sure, but that is a stupid as hell way to do it as how can one look at stats on FreeDC or BOINCstats to see what a Team is doing and plan on Projects to run accordingly?
Good points you are bringing up. Soon individual stats will be tracked here as well so you can easily see who is doing what on what team.

However, just looking at a teams page on FreeDC or BOINCStats will not reflect what's going on here unless 100% of the members of a given team are 1. registered here. 2. currently running on the right team.

The system here tracks individuals not teams. Individuals here can join whatever team they want to here, but are not able to switch mid competition regardless of what team they are on, on the project site

I do want more tools/stats displaying that gives clearer pictures of what each team is doing here at BG so teams can plan accordingly.
bluestang wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:15 pmEspecially since the stats here only get update once a day that I can tell and even then you don't know as there is no time stamps.
The stats are supposed to update each time the stats file at the project is updated. I am not sure why it's not and will be reaching out to the dev team once I get the standings page fixed by them.
bluestang wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:15 pmWhatever team you're on Project wise is where your points should go...not your home Team as it doesn't reflect what is actually happening.
Due to how easy it is to switch teams at projects this wont happen. You can be part of whatever team you want at the project, but your points will always go towards the team you joined at BG. This is to prevent people from bumping other teams on BG in the rankings to give them a competitive edge against someone else among other things.
bluestang wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:15 pmAnd FB is dead as far as I'm concerned, so switching Teams for those Sprints is irrelevant anymore if this competition is going to take it's place.
FB does seem like it's closer than ever to going away. However, the issue with switching teams at FB would still remain and that would happen here if we didn't pull individual stats based on a users verified CPID.
bluestang wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:15 pmGot no problem with people switching Teams to Ukraine (hell, I posted the damn idea) but that is a different animal and reason than switching to other Teams like in the past as it's based on support for a country and it's people than manipulating the scores.
I am one of the TAAT members who does crunch for Ukraine for the time being to show them support. Didn't expect it to have this kind of issue with BG, but getting that solved by tracking individual stats here is in the works.
bluestang wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:15 pmIn other words, the way it is being handled right now and who is being rewarded the points is giving a false sense of the stats and it's accuracy. How can one verify or trust what is real and, like I said above, plan on where to run when looking at the stats sites doesn't correspond with what is going on here with Teams points on Projects?
Like I said before, the only way to know exactly how many points each team here is to track each user by their CPID individually. Lots of members on the Team still crunch for various projects but are not members here. So even if all TAAT was still on TAAT at the project level instead of supporting Ukraine you'd still have that discrepancy trying to following the team stats at FreeDC or BOINCStats. You need to look at the users by CPID to see who is doing what where.
bluestang wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:15 pmJust my opinion and I like the idea of individuals have to sign up and verify their CPUID and that, but there needs to be another way of doing it better for tracking where their points go when on another Team for a Project.

It defeats the purpose of what it was originally trying to do with Team switching and can be used even more than before to manipulate the standings IMO.
False. The points here can not be manipulated by switching teams. CPID is permanently attached to a team here regardless of what team you are on at the project level.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.