Issues with validating/stats.

Important information about BOINC Games
bluestang

Re: Issues with validating/stats.

Post by bluestang »

The simple point I'm trying to make is that it will allow people to hide on others Teams yet still earn points on their "home" Team. It will be taken advantage of and it will cause membership frustration and disappointment. That is the manipulation I'm talking about..

I like the CPUID verification and that, but the implementation is flawed if the stats sites don't match what BG stats show.

If you want to switch to another Team for whatever reason I'm fine with that (other than propping up another Team to get past another like in the past at FB), but then your points should not still be rewarded to your "home" Team.

In fact, if you want to combat Team switching then those who switch Teams should have their points not count towards any Team. That's a deterrent!

EDIT: Also, thanks for being so willing to listen to ideas and suggestions. Especially when they get implemented. It's a nice change from the past obstacles we all faced :)
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

I plan to have individual stats listing showing all members who participate as well as the team they're affiliated with here.

Sorry for the quick replies. Visiting family for the weekend. Next week I'll be able to read everything and have more direct answers.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
bluestang

Post by bluestang »

Skillz wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:23 pm I plan to have individual stats listing showing all members who participate as well as the team they're affiliated with here.
That still doesn't solve the issue of still being rewarded for crunching for another Team. I thought we're trying to deter Team switching? How is that a deterrent.

There needs to be another "validator" on top of CPUID to decide where points go and that is the Team use signed up for with BG. Every Team has an ID on a Project and that ID should also be used.

Right now there is no penalty for Team switching...there should be.

If your CPUID doesn't match the Team ID you signed up with BG on a Project when points/stats are pulled, then those points should be Invalid for BG as far as I'm concerned. NO ONE GETS THE POINTS...THAT IS A DETERRENT for Team switching and not a reward like it is now.

Also...I don't expect you to reply and give me answers until your back and settled in. I'm just posting as the thoughts come in. Enjoy your family time and stay off the forum! lol
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

The team you are affiliated with only matters for BG. You can't switch teams on BG.

You can crunch whatever team you want on whatever project, but the team you are affiliated with on BG is fixed. It will not matter what team you try to switch to at the project level. It will not effect the team points here.

You don't even have to create a team on BG thats associated with project teams.

You keep going back to project teams. That does not matter. You need to look at individual stats.

The only issue is people looking at FreeDC and BOINCStats and trying to gauge what each team is doing. When the team stats for FreeDC and BOINCStats will not match a team with the same name here. Only the individual stats are pulled. This will be solved when I put individual stats on the site for participants of BG.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
bluestang

Post by bluestang »

I understand all of what you are saying above. My issue/point I'm trying to convey is that someone can hide out on another team on a project yet the points show on their home team.

Individual stats won't solve that problem if I still have to look to see who is where on a project. Teams stats is where one looks to see where resources one should put on a particular project. If teams stats is going to be shown as well when you implement individual stats than that may help, if they are updated regularly.

And I still like the idea of matching CPUID to the sign up team and if they don't match...then points shouldn't count towards BG for any team.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

bluestang wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:46 pm I understand all of what you are saying above. My issue/point I'm trying to convey is that someone can hide out on another team on a project yet the points show on their home team.

Individual stats won't solve that problem if I still have to look to see who is where on a project. Teams stats is where one looks to see where resources one should put on a particular project. If teams stats is going to be shown as well when you implement individual stats than that may help, if they are updated regularly.

And I still like the idea of matching CPUID to the sign up team and if they don't match...then points shouldn't count towards BG for any team.
Teams at BG do not have to match teams at Projects. I am pretty sure Gridcoin has a member or two that's created a team here using a different team name. How will I assign that to a TeamID? Can't be automated, it would have to be manually done and we've all seen what a shit show things can be when stuff has to be manually put together.

The Individual stats here will be listed WITH the team page. So you'll see XYX team has 1,000,000 points and below that all the members who contributed to that total will be listed.

You want to check Free-DC or BOINCStats then by all means go for it. But looking at the TEAM on either of those sites will be pointless (to a degree) because you'd have to look up each individual team members contributions and add them all up yourself to get the clear picture. Which is what I want to automate here, in a nice chart. So everyone can see what members contributes to their team.
Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel »

DENIS stats do not seem to be updating, this could be why:

https://denis.usj.es/denisathome/forum_ ... =1706#1706
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Can you please explain how you came to the conclusion they are not updating?

When I looked it shows stats have updated in the last 24 hours.

All the URLs for downloading the stats on the backend here are direct links to each required file on each project. I don't link just the directory.

If you can provide screenshots of stats not updating then it will help me explain to the dev team they aren't working. However, according to the "last 24 hours" it says the stats have updated.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Stats have updated based on what I am seeing.

TAAT had ~401k points last 24 hour update.
Now, TAAT has 226k points last 24 hours.

So it's working according to what I am seeing.
Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel »

Skillz wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:36 am Can you please explain how you came to the conclusion they are not updating?

When I looked it shows stats have updated in the last 24 hours.

All the URLs for downloading the stats on the backend here are direct links to each required file on each project. I don't link just the directory.

If you can provide screenshots of stats not updating then it will help me explain to the dev team they aren't working. However, according to the "last 24 hours" it says the stats have updated.
Sure, I'll just jump in my time machine and go back a few days when the stats for this project didn't update for about three days and grab some screen shots.
You ask for the impossible.