New features being added to the site

Important information about BOINC Games
Skillz

New features being added to the site

Post by Skillz »

This is what I sent the development team.

List of new features I want on the site.

CPID confirmation reminder: To remind users they need to verify their CPID.
-Reminder email at 1 week to confirm CPID
-Reminder email at 1 month to confirm CPID
-Delete account from no activity at 2 months. (If CPID is not verified)
-The email should contain steps on how to verify their CPID. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13

Individual stats tracking for all members participating.
-For Sprints, an overall list of all users who have returned points. This page should list the total points they've contributed during the Sprint as well as the last hourly update. The team they are a member of. (if no team, leave blank) (project points)
-For marathons a list of all participating members for each project. This page should list the total points they've contributed for that quarter (similar to the team page) but should also display what team they are affiliated with. (project points)
-Individual standings pag; this should show total points they've earned individually for Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 and total combined. (BOINC Games Points)
-The team members list page should show rank within' teammembers, rank across all individuals, total BG points, join date, CPID, CPID link to Free-DC and CPID link to BOINCStats (BOINC Games ranking) (The CPID currently links to free-dc, but lets take that link away and just make it regular text.) (Make two new links Free-DC and BOINCStats each linking to their page at those sites)

The "NEWS" page makes it appear that the users are logged out when visiting it. The logout button (when logged in) switches to login making the users think they have to login again.

Opt out button;
Ability for users to opt out of the competition manually at any time. Two ways:
1. By just opting out so their stats are no longer calculated for Marathon or Sprints.
2. Deleting account completely. Will require them to register again and go through CPID confirmation again if they choose to come back.

Remove "Test Sprints" for the time being.
I've already removed the links on the header/footer of most locations, but some I can't figure out what file to edit. The back end can stay, but until I figure out a better name and method for this all public links removed.

I can not figure out how to add RSS Feeds from the different projects to the News page.

Paypal/donation/subscription page that shows total amount of donations and monthly subscriptions. With the ability to state monthly costs vs donations received.

Allow me to name each Sprint. I want to base the sprints around real sporting events such as the Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup, etc... So I want to be able to name them based on that.
I want to be able to set a sprint date at the beginning of the year and give that Sprint a name. Then on the day the sprint is selected it will randomly choose a project (just like it does now)

A count down timer for the next Sprint. Timer starts when the previous Sprint is finished. (So only 1 count down timer going at a time on the page)
When the sprint starts, the timer changes to "time to end" and when the sprint ends it switches to "time to next sprint"
This should be displayed in a DDD:HH:MM format.

The previous year listings shows teams that didn't participate in that year. For example, 2021 shows all the teams that joined in 2022. Only teams that participated in that year should be shown for that year.

The standings page should have a break down by the quarter. Total points earned during each past quarter and current quarter along with the total points for the whole year.

Better navigation: viewto ... 4&p=60#p60 (Ive done some of this already)

Time stamps each time the individual project stats are updated. So users know when it was updated. Not when the stats was pinged to see if thier is an update, but when the backend downloads a stats file and the values have changed since the last time it was checked.

They quoted me $1299 for this.

If anyone would like to help contribute to the costs via Paypal then please send me a PM here or on discord for my paypal email. You can see a list of all costs and donations so far here:
https://teamanandtech.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=506
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
JagDoc

Re: New features being added to the site

Post by JagDoc »

The count down timer for the next Sprint do not match with the start time.
It end at 21:00 UTC and start time is 23:00 UTC.
Boone

Post by Boone »

Hi Skillz,
thank you making this possible.
You said:
A count down timer for the next Sprint. Timer starts when the previous Sprint is finished. (So only 1 count down timer going at a time on the page)
When the sprint starts, the timer changes to "time to end" and when the sprint ends it switches to "time to next sprint"
This should be displayed in a DDD:HH:MM format.
I understand, that there has to be a "time to end"-timer for the ongoing sprint?
Attachments
2022-08-20 11_45_49-Window.png
2022-08-20 11_45_49-Window.png (23.92 KiB) Viewed 30508 times
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Yes, it's supposed to switch to a count down timer for the active sprint. I've notified the Dev team about it already. Waiting on them to fix it. :oops:
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.