2023 Sprint Dates & Names

Important information about BOINC Games
vaughan

Re: 2023 Sprint Dates & Names

Post by vaughan »

They are good suggestions for next year. Good work boincadmin.
vaughan

Post by vaughan »

About 12 hours until the first sprint. When do we find out the project we are running?
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

When it starts. It's SRBASE
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
bluestang

Post by bluestang »

Shouldn't there be a couple more of the Marathon Projects that can also handle Sprints be listed on the "List of selectable projects for a Sprint" page? Like Moo, PrimeGrid, or TN-Grid for example.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Moo was having issues with a previous sprint before so I took it off. Not sure if their situation has improved?

IIRC, tn-grid also has issues with an increased load so I didn't include it.

Primegrid has the Challenge series so I don't have it selected as a sprint. In the future I plan to include the PG challenge stats in with BOINC, but that's a ways off still. Gotta get what we have now working correctly.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
bluestang

Post by bluestang »

Ok, didn't know about the past Moo and TN-Grid issues. Thanks for the response and work.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

You're welcome.

If there are any projects that can handle a sprint I will gladly add them to the list of possible sprints. I just don't want any projects that could potentially buckle from the increase load. As someone who participates in BOINC competitions it's hugely annoying when projects can't handle it. Nothing on them as I am sure they're doing what they can with what they have, but I'd rather not create problems. :)