No email about sprint

Problems related to boincgames.com
CPID Validation?
SystemViper

No email about sprint

Post by SystemViper »

Just letting you know I wasn't notified by email of the sprint start or project.
I was watching so it didn't affect me but I would bet some people missed it.

thanks for the hard work
SV
https://xs4s.org/index.php
Skillz

Re: No email about sprint

Post by Skillz »

Thanks for letting me know. I forgot to check my own email for the start of the Sprint. I also did not receive one. I have reached out to the development team so they can look into it. Hopefully it's not a pain trying to explain it to them and they can get it fixed.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
UBT - Timbo

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi,

Can anyone advise me why my meagre SRBase credits were not included on the UK BOINC Team total for the recent Sprint? I think my account here was verified "in time" and the credits are shown on the Team Marathon totals - but just did not get included on the Sprint total :-(

As you can see here:

https://classic.boincstats.com/en/stats ... 7/lastDays

I earned a "colossal" 27,000 BOINC credits on 29th January, so UBT should have ONE point on the Sprint !!

It's not a big issue, and maybe there's an issue of "timing" so all the back-office functions all "kick in" in the right order ;-)

regards
Tim

PS Admin - please move this posting if it's in the wrong place !!

(And great to see the website is working again after the recent 504 "issues").
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

What I think might have happened was your account was verified right after the sprint ended.

The sprint doesn't use the stats files for its hourly updates, but your CPID is confirmed using the stats file.

It couldn't confirm your project ID to gather the hourly stats update.

I also suspect the 504 errors will return. The development team is monitoring the site to find out the root cause.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
UBT - Timbo

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Skillz wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:09 pm What I think might have happened was your account was verified right after the sprint ended.

The sprint doesn't use the stats files for its hourly updates, but your CPID is confirmed using the stats file.

It couldn't confirm your project ID to gather the hourly stats update.
Hiya

Thanks for the guidance - I figured it might be a tight squeeze to get verified and "accepted" as I registered very late on, during the Sprint (and only because I'd seen the message from "rebirther" that was the Sprint was starting).
Skillz wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:09 pm I also suspect the 504 errors will return. The development team is monitoring the site to find out the root cause.
Hope you get it sorted...it can be quite a time-consuming task, tracking down such issues, especially when it might just be something "slightly temperamental" that might only happen once in a while or only when a specific "function call" is made. :-(

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

Just a quick report that I did not receive an email that said that the 2nd Sprint was about to start.

Was the problem reported previously fixed, or should I just put a post-it note on my monitor so I can remind myself when BG Sprints are due to take place?

peace and love
Tim
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

I've been going back and forth on emails with the development team concerning this issue. Thanks for reporting.