Stats Display Confusing

Problems related to boincgames.com
CPID Validation?
entity

Stats Display Confusing

Post by entity »

When selecting a project from the Marathons tab and then selecting Individual Stats View the default is 10 entries per page. As one pages through the stats, entries show up multiple times. EX: Michael H.W. Weber showed up as ranked 31,47, and 81. If one goes back to page 1 and changes the default to 50 entries per page, the name doesn't show at all on any page. Why is that? My entry doesn't show at all but I have 2 days worth of stats credited to my team and the team has 10 BG points. Interestingly, my individual entry did show up yesterday ranked 15. Even more interesting, my entry didn't show up on the first display of page 2 of the stats. It only showed up after going to page 5 and then back to page 2.
boincadmin
Site Admin

Re: Stats Display Confusing

Post by boincadmin »

Only the top 10 are in order. I do not know why the development team thought that would be a good idea when implementing it. I would get them to change so that after the "BG" points order is goes by BOINC credit order, but I intend to increase the BG points you earn on teams and users. Teams will get points for being in the top 100 and users will get points for being in the top 300. When I pay to have this done, I will request that after the 100th team or 300th member, the stats are ordered by BOINC credits on the projects so names don't just go into some weird order after that.
entity

Post by entity »

Even more confusing, the top 10 aren't in order either. EX: TN-Grid Individual Stats View:

#4 has 12 BG points
#5 has 6 BG points
#6 has 10 BG points

In what order are they in (what is the sort field)? Even looking at Q1 points they aren't in order. I'm completely baffled. The only order seems to be the ranking order but the displayed data doesn't support the ranking order.
boincadmin
Site Admin

Post by boincadmin »

Yes I see that now.

I must admit the development team I hired to build this site really don't know what they are doing, but I haven't been able to find anyone else to correct the crap they've done or even start from scratch.

I'll bring it up to them soon.
bluestang

Post by bluestang »

Do you have access to or a copy of all the web pages and coding?
Keith Myers

Post by Keith Myers »

Yep. The stats display other than the Top 10 is totally fubar. :roll:
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

bluestang wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:26 am Do you have access to or a copy of all the web pages and coding?
Yes, I have given Kiska (one of my team members) full access to the server about a week ago. He has been looking through everything to see if he can figure out the issues we are having.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
bluestang

Post by bluestang »

entity wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:16 am Even more confusing, the top 10 aren't in order either. EX: TN-Grid Individual Stats View:

#4 has 12 BG points
#5 has 6 BG points
#6 has 10 BG points

In what order are they in (what is the sort field)? Even looking at Q1 points they aren't in order. I'm completely baffled. The only order seems to be the ranking order but the displayed data doesn't support the ranking order.
Keith Myers wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:45 am Yep. The stats display other than the Top 10 is totally fubar. :roll:
Default should be Top 25...10 is too little IMO
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Yes I agree. 25 should be default. I'll see if I can figure out a way to make 25 the default sort order.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Wait till you guys see the individual standings page. :x