More Links

Got a suggestion or tip for the site? Let us know.
bluestang

More Links

Post by bluestang »

Links...need more tied together for better user experience/interaction IMO:

1) -- On the main page that shows Season 2022 Results... when you click on a Team it brings up their Team page for Marathon Standings for all the projects. Great! However, you should then be able to click on a Project from there to take you to the Marathon Standings for that Project.

2) -- On the Marathons page... when you click on a Project it brings up the Marathon Standings for all teams. Great! However, you should be able to click on a Team from there to take you to their Team page for Marathon Standings.

3) -- On the Standings page... the Teams should then be linked to their Marathon Standings page.

Hope that makes sense. Just some thoughts on making the browsing experience a little better and faster since you can then get to any of those pages from any page.
Skillz

Re: More Links

Post by Skillz »

Yes it does. Thank you for laying out nicely. I wasn't sure how I was going to link each page like that, so I shall do it the way you suggested.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
bluestang

Post by bluestang »

Sounds good!

Invoice is in the mail. lol
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Can you check that I did this correctly? I made these edits myself, hopefully I didn't screw anything up in the process. If it's not right then I'll have to get the dev team involved to correct it.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
bluestang

Post by bluestang »

I think the last part of #2 is missing?

Looks good. Now you get to almost anywhere from anywhere...THANKS!
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Ah yeah, I missed that one. The developers should fix that (add it even) as I just sent them a list of new features I want added to the site. Waiting on them to get back to me on a quote of how much that'll cost me.
Ian&Steve C.

Post by Ian&Steve C. »

can we get links to user stats?
for example, if you click a Team, it brings you to Team Details, which lists points earned by that team on each project. I'm looking for the same thing, but for user. IE, when looking at team members or the user standings, you should be able to click a username, and be brought to the table showing their individual points earned on each project.
boincadmin
Site Admin

Post by boincadmin »

That is something that's in the works, Ian.

As well as making the navigation of the site much easier. A lot of things that should be links that take you to different things aren't there and I plan to implement them soon. I don't know much PHP, so navigating and figuring it all out is painstakingly slow for me. I gave up on it and have put it on the next "new features" I intend to present to the development team to implement onto the site. However, that'll cost money for those new features and money on my end has been tight at the moment. :oops: