is New BG Points System fair?

Got a suggestion or tip for the site? Let us know.
SystemViper

Re: is New BG Points System fair?

Post by SystemViper »

'
SystemViper

Post by SystemViper »

[/quote]
Ian&Steve C.

Post by Ian&Steve C. »

lol

you're entirely too triggered over this. your team is in the same rank before and after the change (after your gerasim WU submitted). no one is forcing you to do anything. compete or not, it makes no difference.

I'm here for fun. I crunch what I want and accept that it holds me back, but I'm not complaining about it. it is what it is. doesnt stop me from taking pride in the individual project wins I do collect. I might suggest a similar outlook.

I've said my piece.
SystemViper

Post by SystemViper »

You don't even try to understand what I'm saying.
Triggered, i'm tired of people feeding me crap and telling me its chocolate.

BG makes a big change in the points system and your telling me it's good and will foster competition, how.
What is the goal of this change. Is BG a competition site or a boinc support site?

Let's start there and stop putting this bullshit on me "no one is forcing you to do anything"
answer my questions and you might start to understand?

SV

Ian&Steve C. wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:30 pm lol

you're entirely too triggered over this. your team is in the same rank before and after the change (after your gerasim WU submitted). no one is forcing you to do anything. compete or not, it makes no difference.

I'm here for fun. I crunch what I want and accept that it holds me back, but I'm not complaining about it. it is what it is. doesnt stop me from taking pride in the individual project wins I do collect. I might suggest a similar outlook.

I've said my piece.
SystemViper

Post by SystemViper »

Ian&Steve C. wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:30 pm

I've said my piece.
You crACK ME UP, you start responding to me and have said nothing, your above statement doesn't answer anything.

"I'm here for fun."
were all here for fun, big revelation, what does it have to do with the points system and how it negatively affects real competition?

"I crunch what I want and accept that it holds me back"
that's you, still not an answer:?

" but I'm not complaining about it"
I'm asking questions, shouldn't a big change to the points system be questioned, especially when some members are being negatively impacted.

"doesnt stop me from taking pride in the individual project wins I do collect"
what does this have to do with questions on the points system?

"I might suggest a similar outlook."
What? Outlook, i have questions if this is fair and fosters competition! huh?

"I've said my piece."
You have said nothing of merit and haven't answered any questions ?
all you have said is take it or leave it, very mature!

What does boinc games stand for, what games and is the points system fair and why is it being changed.
why negatively impact members for what, you know if you were honest that this is a marketing ploy to try to attract the people that don't crunch much here at the expense of p-eople who are looking for a place to compete fairly.

Enjoy
SV
Ian&Steve C.

Post by Ian&Steve C. »

I understand what you're saying. but your questions are biased and subjective and you're obviously looking for a specific answer in one direction over the other from the get go.

what's better? red or blue?
what's better? hot or cold?
what's better? black or white?

this is the nature of your questions. it depends.

the points change moves the competition in the direction that they want it to be. simple as that. just because it's not a FB clone under different leadership (which is clearly what you want), doesn't make it unfair. it's just different. FB has a different kind of competition than BG, but they are both still competitions in their own right. ranks still exist, but the game is played differently between them. you can't expect them to be the same.
SystemViper

Post by SystemViper »

Ian&Steve C. wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:32 pm I understand what you're saying. but your questions are biased and subjective and you're obviously looking for a specific answer in one direction over the other from the get go.

what's better? red or blue?
what's better? hot or cold?
what's better? black or white?

this is the nature of your questions. it depends.

the points change moves the competition in the direction that they want it to be. simple as that. just because it's not a FB clone under different leadership (which is clearly what you want), doesn't make it unfair. it's just different. FB has a different kind of competition than BG, but they are both still competitions in their own right. ranks still exist, but the game is played differently between them. you can't expect them to be the same.
Another bogus reply which answers nothing./

"I crunch what I want and accept that it holds me back"
that's you, still not an answer:? Sorry I question a gaming site that "holds me back"
THANKS FOR ADMITTING THAT THE NEW POINTS SYSTEM HOLDS PEOPLE BACK EVEN YOURSELF :lol:

Thanks
SV
SystemViper

Post by SystemViper »

the points change moves the competition in the direction that they want it to be

who is they? So you speak for them

:o
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

SystemViper wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:57 pm Is New BG Points System fair?
How is it not fair? Teams earn points in the top 100 ranks vs 10 ranks before. This means the smaller teams will earn points now compared to the older system.

SystemViper wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:57 pmDoes it foster competition and for who?
Yes, it fosters the smaller teams to be able to earn BG points. As I said above, you no longer need to be top 10 to earn BG points. Top 100 for teams. Top 300 for individuals. Now everyone (currently at least) can earn some kind of BG points to compare it to their closest rival.
SystemViper wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:57 pm or does it promote mediocrity and discourage some members from even using BG?

SV
It promotes teams and individuals to crunch ALL projects which is what these competitions are about. Bringing awareness to all the BOINC projects especially the smaller, lesser known projects so they can get new members to crunch the information they are researching.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
Ian&Steve C.

Post by Ian&Steve C. »

SystemViper wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:36 pm who is they? So you speak for them

:o
are you Stretch Armstrong? cause that's a hell of a reach :lol:

of course I don't speak for them. but it doesn't make what I said any less true.

these straw mans sure are entertaining though. go off.