New Server and Coder

Important information about BOINC Games
Skillz

New Server and Coder

Post by Skillz »

So I have officially shipped BOINCGames.com new server to the datacenter for co-location hosting. Expected delivery should be sometime Tuesday. I will be transferring all the data to the new server after this and getting it working. I do not have an ETA on when this will be complete, nor do I know when it will get started.

What I do know, is that the site may parodically become unavailable during this time. I apologize for this, but for the sake of being as easy and quickly as possible I would rather deal with a few short stints of downtime instead of trying to plan a seamless transition from the old server to the new server.

Also, Timbo from UBT, the forum administrator and voice of Formula-BOINC, has helped me with finding a programmer who will help me with getting the site working correctly and efficiently. Work on this should begin the after the server migration is complete.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.