Sprints for 2024

Important information about BOINC Games
Skillz

Sprints for 2024

Post by Skillz »

Any dates and names suggestions for the coming year?

I prefer to keep the dates and names aligned with real sporting events around the world, but I am open to ideas.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
magic_sam

Re: Sprints for 2024

Post by magic_sam »

Hello all,
What about these names for the sprints in 2024:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprint_(running)
* 60 meters: half-day sprint ?
* 100 meters: one-day sprint
* 200 meters: two-days sprint
* 400 meters: four-days sprint
* 4 x 100 meters relay: 4 x one-days sprints on 4 different projects ?
* 4 x 400 meters relay: 4 x four-days sprints on 4 different projects ?
Cheers, Sam
Skillz

Re: Sprints for 2024

Post by Skillz »

Good suggestions. Not going to do half a day as that's not fair to those who will be sleeping on the other side of the world when the Sprint starts.

The 4x sprints in a 4-day period is interesting though. Sadly they would all be counted as 4 individual sprints though as I have no backend setup to combine them into "one" for points purposes, but that's certainly something interesting to possibly implement at a later date.

For now I would just prefer to stick with Sprints that align with real sporting events and name them accordingly.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.