Sprint project Milkyway

Problems related to boincgames.com
CPID Validation?
vaughan

Sprint project Milkyway

Post by vaughan »

So milkyway is the current sprint project. I decided to add 50 single core computers hired from The Science Cloud - TSC - to it. They have been attached over 30 minutes but still have no milkyway tasks.

Why?

Is this a project or a TSC problem?
Skillz

Re: Sprint project Milkyway

Post by Skillz »

I don't know. It's not anything BG can do since we have no control over TSC or Milkyway. So you'll need to ask TSC or Milkyway what the problem may be.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
vaughan

Post by vaughan »

That's OK I shut them all down "immediately' as Rytis replied that Milkyway is not sending any tasks to them at TSC.

It seems Milkyway is a project to avoid for the time being.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

I think the issue is due to using the 1-core droplets. Milkyway tasks are multi-threaded tasks so I'm suspecting it wont send work to a single core host. I tested with the 1-core droplet and nothing. I tested with a 12-core instance on TSC and got work.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.