Add SPT test project to BOINC Games?

Subscribe to this forum so you can be notified through your registered email address for any polls regarding BOINC Games

Should the project be included in BOINC Games at the end of this poll?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:59 pm

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes: 10

boincadmin
Site Admin

Add SPT test project to BOINC Games?

Post by boincadmin »

Should the project https://boinc.termit.me/adsl/ (SPT test project) be added to BG?

This poll will run for 31 days (1 month from today) At the end of the poll, if the results are for yes, the project will be added immediately. If for no, the project will not be added until at the start of the next year.

Only if the project wants to be included.
Keith Myers

Re: Add SPT test project to BOINC Games?

Post by Keith Myers »

I don't know if it is smart to add a Test project. I would think it better to wait until they aren't in Testing mode and have an established history of work and volunteers for a while.
ChelseaOilman

Post by ChelseaOilman »

Keith Myers wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:38 pm I don't know if it is smart to add a Test project. I would think it better to wait until they aren't in Testing mode and have an established history of work and volunteers for a while.
I second that!
mmonnin

Post by mmonnin »

All of Natalia's projects are terrible. She wouldn't even investigate the issue in the past week and expected the volunteer admin to do it all. She doesn't even run her own projects yet she'll go around to other projects to try and poach users during their down time.
vaughan

Post by vaughan »

SPT does appear to have settled down so I think we could add it to the projects list now. But of course it is still subject to "the war" controversy.
boincadmin
Site Admin

Post by boincadmin »

vaughan wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:33 pm SPT does appear to have settled down so I think we could add it to the projects list now. But of course it is still subject to "the war" controversy.
The voting is currently in favor of not adding it yet and with around 5 days to go on it I don't suspect it will change much.

So SPT will get added at the beginning of next year.
Coleslaw

Post by Coleslaw »

I would suggest running another poll in December. She is already ranting about the project admin's lack of instant communication and constantly doing her normal rude/disrespect thing. Who even knows if the project will still be around at that time... I could care less about it being a "Russian" project part. I also think there should be a test challenge before it is added to see if it can truly handle things without going down. Unless of course your stance is going to be "that is all part of the game"...
boincadmin
Site Admin

Post by boincadmin »

Run a poll in December for what?

I am not sure how I intend to go about on testing to make sure a project can handle a Sprint, but if it can't handle it then it wont be eligible.