Formula BOINC/WU-Prop/L'AF website problems

Grab a beer and let's chit chat.
UBT - Timbo

Formula BOINC/WU-Prop/L'AF website problems

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi

Hope you do not mind me posting this?

It seems that the Formula BOINC website has broken down, overnight (sometime just after 2am UTC Sunday 3rd Sept), which means the forum and the stats sections are not working. :-(

(edit)

Likewise, the WU-Prop project website and the L'Alliance Francophone team website have also failed or have issues.

Of course, the common denominator of all of the above is Sebastien, and I do not have his non-BOINC related email address or a contact phone number.

Maybe, if one of the BG members here can assist to contact Sebastien (if they have such details) it would be much appreciated.

regards
Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Timbo

Re: Formula BOINC/WU-Prop/L'AF website problems

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

The FB website is now working again as is the FB forum.

Likewise the L'AF website is also working again.

So, panic over and admin can delete this thread if you want.

regards
Tim
boincadmin
Site Admin

Post by boincadmin »

We're not affiliated with FB or LAF in any way, nor do we have any contact of any one of them outside of using project PM system.

Glad it's back though. This has always happened a lot with, but it always comes back.
UBT - Timbo

Post by UBT - Timbo »

boincadmin wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:53 pm We're not affiliated with FB or LAF in any way, nor do we have any contact of any one of them outside of using project PM system.

Glad it's back though. This has always happened a lot with, but it always comes back.
Hi

Yes, I understand this - but I thought that one (or more) of your members *might* have an association with Sebastian (the FB admin) - so it was worth a try to see if anyone could help.

I was not soliciting help from any of the admins, though, of course, if someone did have some info they wanted to share with me, that it would have been greatly appreciated. :-)

From what I can tell, all 3 websites came back online about the same time this afternoon, which rather implies a hosting issue rather than a specific website issue.

regards
Tim

PS: Did you receive my PM (sent a few months ago) about your php coding issues as I know someone who might be able to help fix things?
boincadmin
Site Admin

Post by boincadmin »

No, I have not received any PMs on here. They do not work and are disabled.

You can reach me on discord, just click the link at the top of this page. "Skillz" is my name in the Discord server you will join.
UBT - Timbo

Post by UBT - Timbo »

boincadmin wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:54 pm No, I have not received any PMs on here. They do not work and are disabled.
Hi

I think I used the form here:

memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin
boincadmin wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:54 pm You can reach me on discord, just click the link at the top of this page. "Skillz" is my name in the Discord server you will join.
So, if the above didn't/doesn't work, then I'll try Discord :-)

regards
Tim