Changing Teams

Important information about BOINC Games
Skillz

Changing Teams

Post by Skillz »

Sometimes people don't want to stay on their team and that's okay. People should be allowed to switch to whatever team they want to, but here at BG I have team switching disabled to prevent people from switching teams multiple times to their benefit by manipulating the standings in ways the benefit the real team they are crunching on.

With that being said. If you want to switch teams here at BG, it can only be done ONCE per year and your new team affiliation at BG can not be changed again until the next year.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
Yeti

Re: Changing Teams

Post by Yeti »

Okay, I understand so far.

I just checked where I can change the team, but didn't find a way to do so.

If I would like to leave my team, but don't join another one, can I join another team later on or is leaving my actual team already the single change for one year ?

Yeti
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

No, if you wish to leave your team you may do so. If later you want to join another team you may do so, but must remain with the team the rest of the year.

I can remove you from your team if you would like.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
Yeti

Post by Yeti »

Okay, next question:

I not only left my team and opened up a new one, I changed my E-Mail-Adress on all active Projects and now I have a new CPID.

Can / should I change my existing account or should I register a new one ?

How do you recognize new teams? Do we have to do something special here or elsewhere ?

Yeti
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

I can remove you from your current team and you should be able to create your own team once you are not affiliated with a team here.

Link me to the free-dc stats page for your new and old CPID and I will change the CPID for you once I confirm it's really your new one.
Yeti

Post by Yeti »

Here is the new one:

https://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?pag ... 4b47239a20

This should be the old one:

https://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?pag ... 2af3afc7b4

And yes, our new Team is csalled NoTEAM
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

I have manually changed your CPID. This is a first, so please let me know if it doesn't work.

I have removed you from your old team. You should be able to create a team now. Let me know if you are not.

That annoying message that happens when you submit a reply is rather annoying. We fixed it on our dev server and should be rolling an update out later tonight that fixes it.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Okay, so it's not working on my end to do this through the admin control panel. Will have to look into ways to make this possible. We're working on security fixes and updates at this time which shouldn't be too much longer than we can look into ways to allow this to happen.
Yeti

Post by Yeti »

Wouldn't it be easier if I delete my account and register new ?

But this would depend on real deleting an account, otherwise this wouldn't work
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Yeah you can do that. It should delete your account from everything.

edit
I'm not sure if it deletes your account with the forums also. If you go through with deleting your account and it doesn't delete you from your forums then let me know in Discord and I'll manually delete you on the forums as well. I will keep checking if you account gets deleted on BG and PhpBB at the same time tonight, if I see you're gone from BG but not the forums I'll go ahead and delete you on the forums so you can create a new account.