WEP-M+2 Project Abandoned

Important information about BOINC Games
Skillz

WEP-M+2 Project Abandoned

Post by Skillz »

PDW sent me this message earlier today so I am sharing it in a few places including here:
Hi, WEP has been down for quite a while so I emailed James to ask about it last night, his final response said...

I do actually have reserve servers all setup and ready to go - some even significantly faster than the old server! However I wanted to stop mainly for two reasons - 1) I’m now in my late fifties, and my wife and I have both been planning retirement preferment this year anyway.
2) I think the algorithm I was using will work significantly better on bigger numbers, and I don’t think I’ve quite got the energy to make a fairly big change to the setup.
I’m probably going to be continuing manually (ie not BOINCified) with my own farm crunching on the Mersenneplustwo numbers tho, as that’s very easy to do…

It’s been a wild ride (at times) for 17 years, and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it!!!

>
> If it's dead I'll let other know, there's been no other communication to advise what's happening.

Thanks very much - feel free to quote anything I’ve written

...So if you want to post [all or some of that] on your forum others can find out through TAAT !

Regards,
PDW
The project was never sprint eligible so nothing I need to do as far as BG is concerned. Next year the project will be removed from the Marathons.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.