How long does it take to validate new account?

Important information about BOINC Games
rilian

Post by rilian »

I think it would be great to run account validation script more often before sprints start

Thank you!
Skillz

Re: How long does it take to validate new account?

Post by Skillz »

We don't control how often the validation happens.

To validate your CPID you will need to change your name to the unique name BG gives you.
Then once that project updates their stats.xml export file, BG will grab it and if the unique name and CPID matches your account will be validated.

To speed up the process you could change your name at ALL the projects to the unique name. This way the next time any of the projects updates their stats.xml file BG will grab it and validate your CPID.

Once you are validated, you can change your name back at any projects you changed.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.
UBT - wbiz

Post by UBT - wbiz »

I don't know anything about the inner workings but perhaps projects that update stats more than once a day may be the ones to target eg SiDock and Einstein?
rilian

Post by rilian »

Thank you for suggestion!

I updated my username in few projects and now I'm validated :)
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

UBT - wbiz wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:35 pm I don't know anything about the inner workings but perhaps projects that update stats more than once a day may be the ones to target eg SiDock and Einstein?
That is the quickest way to get validated. If you know what times the projects update their stats.xml file each day you could pick the next project that updates just before it does.

Although that's a lot of work, while just changing your name at all the projects is a little less involved. Then just change them all back when it's validated.
Do not send me PMs. The PM system here doesn't notify like it's supposed. Contact me through Discord (link at top) or post in the forums here. I check those regularly. At least until I figure out the PM notification problem.